LSA Status: Part Time – Full time
It’s an exciting time to join the El Paso Center for Diabetes as we embark on a new ambitious diabetes education. We are seeking a strong RD/RN who will play a vital role at El Paso Center for Diabetes.
To provide leadership for El Paso Diabetes (EPD) education programming position. Primary roles are to partner with the Executive Director (ED) in leadership of the organization help lead the Program Department and all programs activities, including: diabetes education programs, special projects, and all other programs operated by EPD. Responsible to recommend all program-related strategy, policies, and procedures.
Maintain a knowledge base of current science, trends, activities, and changes within the diabetes community and El Paso community at-large.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Support the ED
- Brief the ED related to all EPD programs and diabetes issues and trends.
- In consultation with the ED, lead in program strategy and oversight.
- In consultation with the ED, support in organizational strategy and oversight.
- Serve as Officer in Charge in the absence of the ED.
- Help lead all education programs for EPD.
- Provide oversight and guidance for all program department functions, including legal matters, program policies and procedures, contracts, staff training and development, contingency planning, purchasing, archival and record-keeping, and other functions.
- Ensure the organization’s programs adhere to established policy, law, and applicable statutory requirements.
- Respond to inquiries regarding programs.
- Provide program information for the EPD website, newsletter, or other communication vehicles.
Be involved with a program or special projects.
- Deliver community diabetes education on a periotic basis.
- Lead special projects at the request of the ED.
Incorporate diabetes and strategy knowledge and skills
- Develop and maintain advanced knowledge relative to diabetes prevention and management.
- Develop and maintain advanced knowledge about evidence-based program and policy strategies relative to diabetes.
- Develop and maintain advanced knowledge of non-profit strategy, leadership, and management.
Serve as a leader for diabetes prevention and management in the El Paso region
- Represent EPDA, holding true to mission and values.
- Serve on regional diabetes related coalitions or groups.
- Prepare and deliver presentations related to EPDA and diabetes.
- Develop and maintain contact with a broad cross section of community organizations.
- Be aware of emerging mission-related news within and outside the region.
- Implement activities to solicit community input and collaboration.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Registered nurse, registered dietitian, or certified diabetes educator required.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience delivering diabetes management programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and conflict resolution skills.
- Advanced knowledge related diabetes education.
- Considerable knowledge of diabetes mellitus.
- Considerable knowledge of local, state, and national diabetes issues and trends.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Ability to prepare, interpret, and present technical data.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, board members, committees, regulatory agencies, hospitals, and the public.
- Knowledge and proficiency in MS Office and related information technology hardware and software.
- Ability to learn new software as needed.
- Ability to drive and have access to reliable transportation that can be used for reimbursable business.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
Physical Requirements / Work Conditions:
- Frequent evening and weekend work required.
- Out-of-town travel required.
- Frequent in-region travel required.
- Work conducted in office environment and in the community.
- Repetitive motion in the operation of computer.
- Frequent sitting required; occasional standing, bending, and stooping.
The description is intended to provide a general understanding of the requirements for the position and shall not be construed as declaring the absolute particulars of the position. Management reserves the right to assign, direct and control the work of employees as necessary.
Serious inquires, please email resume to email@example.com