It’s an exciting time to join the El Paso Center for Diabetes as we embark on a new ambitious diabetes education. We are seeking a strong RD who will play a vital role at El Paso Center for Diabetes. Primary roles are to partner with our lead dietitian in our diabetes education programs, special projects, and all other programs operated by the Center.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help in all education programs for the Center.
- Ensure the organization’s programs adhere to established policy, law, and applicable statutory requirements.
- Respond to inquiries regarding programs.
- Provide program information for the Center website, newsletter, or other communication vehicles.
Be involved with a program or special projects.
- Deliver community diabetes education on a periodic basis.
- Lead special projects at the request of the lead dietitian.
- Provide direct medical nutrition therapy
Incorporate diabetes and strategy knowledge and skills
- Develop and maintain advanced knowledge about evidence-based program and policy strategies relative to diabetes.
- Develop and maintain advanced knowledge of non-profit strategy, leadership, and management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Registered dietitian, or certified diabetes educator required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and conflict resolution skills.
- Advanced knowledge related diabetes education.
- Considerable knowledge of local, state, and national diabetes issues and trends.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Ability to prepare, interpret, and present technical data.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, board members, committees, regulatory agencies, hospitals, and the public.
- Knowledge and proficiency in MS Office and related information technology hardware and software.
- Ability to learn new software as needed.
- Ability to drive and have access to reliable transportation that can be used for reimbursable business.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
Physical Requirements / Work Conditions:
- Frequent evening and weekend work required.
- Out-of-town travel required.
- Frequent in-region travel required.
- Work conducted in office environment and in the community.
- Repetitive motion in the operation of computer.
- Frequent sitting required; occasional standing, bending, and stooping.
The description is intended to provide a general understanding of the requirements for the position and shall not be construed as declaring the absolute particulars of the position. Management reserves the right to assign, direct and control the work of employees as necessary.