Community Workgroup Lead:
- Build and maintain relationships with community partners in development of a diabetes awareness and advocacy workgroup.
- Coordinate meetings and provide logistical support.
- Engage high-profile diabetes champions in the community.
- Engage with various diabetes stakeholders.
- Lead meetings to develop diabetes awareness related strategies and activities.
- Work with and take input from external marketing and health experts.
- Supervise venders to build a website for diabetes resources and awareness.
- Lead social media strategy, make posts, and publish public statements or newsletters.
- Coordinate marketing and community events, including overseeing logistics, managing registrations, coordinating with vendors, creating itineraries, and ordering marketing collateral. Manage relationships with external vendors to ensure high-quality and timely execution of marking programs, and to ensure competitiveness.
- Manage marketing budget.
- Manage and develop community engagement events.
- Cultivate donors and seek sponsorships.
- Coordinate income development events under Executive Director supervision. Manage event budgets.
- Write proposals and prepare progress reports, including financial updates, for grants.
- Permanent, full time.
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 year of previous work experience in either fund development or marketing
- Ability and willingness to work on teams and to adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with management
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Firm grasp on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, and email marketing
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills skills
- Existing relationships with or ability to build relationships with, a cross-sectoral range of stakeholders in the local or regional area, including senior executives