Position Title: Project Coordinator
LSA Status: Permanent – Full time
It’s an exciting time to join the EL Paso Diabetes Association as we embark on a new ambitious educational diabetes marketing strategy. We are seeking a strong Project Coordinator who will play a vital role in creating a new engaging platform for diabetes education.
The ideal candidate will have proven health experience preferably in a leading role, and have the ability to learn and adapt quickly. We are a local non-profit fast-paced organization that has had a big impact in the El Paso community. Our mission in our daily work: to empower our diabetes community in their journey. If our mission appeal to you, we’d love to meet you and share more about our vision and this exciting opportunity.
Community Workgroup Lead:
- Build and maintain relationships with community partners in development of a diabetes awareness and advocacy workgroup.
- Lead workgroup meetings.
- Lead workgroup to develop diabetes awareness related strategies and activities.
- Engage high-profile diabetes champions in the community.
- Build a narrative and messaging for the workgroups in collaboration with leadership
- Regularly survey to focus groups
- Lead vendors and consultants to develop diabetes media campaign strategy and creative.
- Supervise vendor to build a website for diabetes resources and awareness.
- Publish online resources for people with diabetes.
- Lead thought for social media strategy, blog posts, and public statements.
- Create a press strategy, including drafting press releases and coordinating with media outlets.
- Coordinate marketing and community events, including overseeing logistics, managing registrations, coordinating with vendors, creating itineraries, and ordering marketing collateral. Manage relationships with external vendors to ensure high-quality and timely execution of marking programs, and to ensure competitiveness.
- Creating and managing creation of yearly summary reports and evaluation of diabetes outcomes/progress for partnership and external audience which may include but not limited to provide resources for Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) projects
- Maintains a positive public profile for all assigned programs. Informs leadership with an understanding of the diverse populations served
- Supervise activities/projects and coordinate workflow.
- Prepare funding proposals.
- Produce progress reports.
- Other duties as needed
- Working with ED to identify potential funding
- Writing grants, as needed
- Working with implementing agencies to provide information to support their grant applications
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor degree.
- Basic knowledge of diabetes.
- Minimum 2 years work experience including one or more years of proven community outreach, marketing or public relations.
- Familiar with marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, and email marketing.
- Experience coordinating community coalitions or community teams.
- Existing relationships with or ability to build relationships with, a cross-sectoral range of stakeholders in the local or regional area, including senior executives.
- Time and project management skills, including the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with levels of management.
- Ability to thrive in a fluid, unstructured, entrepreneurial environment without formal training.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability and willingness to be a team player and to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to relay evidenced based health information to the community on a wide variety of health-related topics
- Driven by equity and skilled in management
- Nonprofit/ public policy
- Spanish language fluency
- Permanent, full time